April 29, 2015
Contact: Kerry Murphy 864.271.9398 (o) [email protected]
What’s New for Artisphere in 2015[Greenville, SC] Since its inception in 2005 Artisphere has grown into an event that attracts acclaimed artists from across the country, draws thousands of art enthusiasts and entertains visitors of all ages. Each year festival patrons are given the rare opportunity to meet artists, observe the creative process, and purchase original works of art.
The 11th Annual Artisphere presented by TD Bank is scheduled from May 8-10. Festival Hours are: Friday, May 8th NOON to 8PM; Saturday, May 9th 10 AM to 8 PM; and Sunday, May 10th: 11 AM to 6 PM.
NEW for 2015:
- Artists –Artist Row presents 121 of the highest caliber visual artists from across the country representing 17 different mediums. This year Artist Row will feature 43 brand new artists who have never before exhibited at Artisphere.
- Art Lab –Watch expert artists at work and try your hand at DIY projects to nurture the artist within. Experience soap making, kitchen printmaking and event latte art just to name a few of the many options for patrons.
- People’s Choice Award – Sponsored by Cherry Bekaert, the People’s Choice Award will be determined by festival attendee’s votes. The exhibitor with the most patron votes will be awarded the title of “People’s Choice” and receive a $500 cash prize. Vote for your festival favorite by using the QR Code on the exhibitor’s booth until 8:00 pm Friday, May 8th. To vote online visit www.artisphere.us/visual-arts and click on your favorite artist to cast a vote.
- Christ Church Perspective Illusions Project – Inspired by the recent popularity of perspective illusions, Christ Church Middle and Upper School Math and Art Classes will create such an illusion using the Artisphere logo.
- 2015 Commemorative Artwork – Visit the merchandise booth to purchase the 2015 festival poster, “Journey in a Red Boat” by Rey Alfonso or a commemorative t-shirt featuring artwork by Greenville’s own Joseph Bradley.
- Larger Than Life Puppets- As patrons enjoy the festival, roving characters and giant puppets parade through downtown Greenville on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Print Shop – New to Artist Demo Row for 2015, The Print Shop, Greenville’s only community printmaking studio, will demonstrate traditional printmaking techniques including etching, letterpress, silkscreen and more.
- New Mobile Friendly Website – Visit www.artisphere.us on your mobile device for everything you need before and during the festival including artist info, maps, menus, performance schedules and more.
For more information about how to “Curate Your Own Experience” at Artisphere visit www.artisphere.us
Artisphere is presented by TD Bank.
Artists Row sponsor: GE
Art in Action Stage sponsors: Wells Fargo and Berkshire Hathaway C. Dan Joyner Realtors
Artists Demonstration Row sponsor: Michelin
Aerial Arts Amphitheatre sponsor: Trane
Bike Valet sponsor: Elliott Davis Decosimo
Culinary Arts Café Stage sponsor: RealOp Investments
Connoisseur Sponsors: Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, The Capital Corporation, Duke
Aficionado Sponsors: Engenius, iHEARTMedia, The Greenville Journal & TOWN, The Greenville News & TALK, Indexx, The Peace Center for the Performing Arts, WYFF-4, and ZWO
Kidsphere sponsor: ScanSource
Greenville County High School Juried Exhibition sponsor: Current Tools
Local Performing Arts Showcase sponsor: The Fred Collins Foundation
Mayor’s Choice Award sponsor: Haynsworth, Sinkler, Boyd, P.A.
Opening Night Gala sponsors: Coldwell Banker Caine, Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood, and Synnex
People’s Choice Award sponsor: Cherry Bekaert
Silent Auction Gallery sponsor: Courtyard Marriott Downtown, Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace, Windsor Aughtry
STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts & Mathematics) Exhibit sponsor: Clemson University
“Sneak Peak” Commemorative Poster Unveil Reception sponsor: TALK Magazine
The Artists of the Upstate Juried Exhibition sponsor: Greenville Health System and Greenville Journal
The Main Stage and Artisphere After Hours sponsor: WYFF-4
VIP Hospitality sponsor: McKinney Dodge Ram Chrysler Jeep and Rick Erwin’s West End Grille
Wine and Craft Beer Experience sponsor: SunTrust Bank
Artisphere is funded by grants from The City of Greenville, Greenville County, Fred Collins Foundation, Joan S. and Charles W. Coker Foundation, Daniel-Mickel Foundation, Graham Foundation, Jolley Foundation, Metropolitan Arts Council, Jean T. and Heyward G. Pelham Foundation, and South Carolina Arts Commission
Artisphere Benefactors: Aerodyne Alloys, LLC, Tammy & Jerry Barber, BNC Bank, C-III Capital Partners, Clemson University, First Citizens Bank, Margaret & Earle Hungerford, Shannon Caldwell Kubu, Scott & Beth McMillan, Rachelle & Charlie Mickel, The Jean T. & Heyward G. Pelham Foundation, The Priester Foundation, Felicia Collins Robbins, Minor & Hal Shaw, The David & Mary Swain Charitable Fund, McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture.
Artisphere’s Chairman’s Circle: Connie & Lee Bryan, Cathy & Brad Campbell, Eastern Trading Co, Mr. & Mrs. Nathan A. Einstein, Anne & Ted Ellefson, Col. & Mrs. Frank C. Foster, Helen & Al Hagood, Jean & Peter Helwing, Chelle & John Kelaher, Chicken & Hurdle Lea, Nancy & Erwin Maddrey, Martha & Smyth McKissick, Kathryn & Ben Norwood, Park Sterling Bank, Sidney Pearce, Piedmont Arthritis Clinic, Susan & Tim Reed, Susan & Michael Riordan, Greg Rudell, The Spinx Company, Carl Stecker, Melissa & Bryson Thomason, Sunnie & DeWorken, The Westin Poinsett.
Collector Sponsors: Ben Arnold Beverage, Co., BlueCross BlueShield of SC, BMW Manufacturing Co, BNC Bank, Brown Mackie College, Budweiser of Greenville, Canal Insurance, Crawford Strategy, Entegra, Fete, Furman University, Godsey & Gibb Wealth Management, Henry & Jamie Horowitz, The Hughes Agency, Larkin’s on the River, Page 1 Branding, Pepsi, Roylco, Table 301 Restaurant Group, Tower East Apartments, TPM, United Community Bank, Windstream Communications, and World Acceptance CorporationEnergy, Gallivan White & Boyd P.A., Garfield Signs and Graphics, Metromont, Professional Party Rentals, Triangle Construction, Whole Foods Market, Yeargin Potter Shackelford and WYNIT
Friends of Artisphere: Dr. & Mrs. Jerry Acosta, Todd Baldree, Sarah & Henry Barton, David L. Beard, Debbie & Mike Bell, Claire & Joe Blake, Patti & Roger Brooks, CeCe & Lance Burnett, Mignon & Phil Canale, Peggy & Craig Carver, Community Foundation of Greenville, Judy Cromwell, Beth & Scott Daniel, Angi & Howard Einstein, Eva Marie & Tom Fox, Lynn & Jim Gilreath, Sharon & Norman Glickman, Harriet & Andy Goldsmith, Courtney & Sean Hartness, Virginia & Chris Hayes, Jackie D. Highley, Anna Kate & Hayne Hipp, Allan Liska, Maserati Lotus Greenville, Anne & Bill Masters, Garland & Fleming Mattox, MetalChem Inc, Clark Mickel, Mr. & Mrs. Norville, Dorianne & Drew Norwood, The Palmetto Bank, Suzanne & Trip Renfro, Kristen & Tim Rooke, Ann & Porter Rose, Caroline & Joe Ryan, Dr. & Mrs. Matthew Smith, McCallum Sweeney Consulting, Sandy & Jim Terry, Marsha & Knox White, Nancy & Jeff Whitworth, 10-X Group